HIM - Ville Valo Official Italian Street Team ~ { Fans Forum }

HIM, Negative and The Rasmus - Gig review, 2006

« Older   Newer »
lovehim
view post Posted on 13/4/2009, 12:36

CITAZIONE

HIM, The Rasmus, Negative

It's the last but one show of the HIM / The Rasmus / Negative tour, and we're at The Gasometer on an industrial estate in Vienna, an old gasworks which has been converted into a huge venue, shopping centre and flats. A new shiny highrise attached to the old brick works made quite an imposing site.

There are people here from practically every country in Europe, and by the time the doors opened, thousands were trying to get in. The crush was stupidly dangerous; don't these venues have any idea about putting barriers up? We brave the stampede and crush as the doors open, and manage to get in within 10 minutes and to the front barrier. & via the bar! So far so good!

Vienna Gasometer

Negative

First on was Negative, coming onto the stage to the Pulp Fiction theme song. All the band were looking great, Singer Jonne Aaron resplendent in fur lined
sleeveless jacket and blonde dreads. They launch into LA Feeding Fire and follow it with all their singles.

Not ones for being shy, Negative entertain the audience other than with songs, with Antti the bass player sucking the end of one of the drum mics at
one point, and Jonne teasing the crowd by putting his mic down the front of his trousers a couple of times. Toppi, their usual t-shirt guy, was videoing the performance on the camcorder, until Jonne took it from him and decided to film the crowd. Jonne was very confident with his English between songs, telling the crowd there were many beautiful girls there, bigging up TR and HIM, the old charmer, and getting the crowd chanting along after telling them off for being "f***ing shy".

It was way too short a set for the NGT diehards, but Negative seem to have made the transition pretty eaily to Arena Rock God status on this tour and have won over a whole lot more fans who had never seen them before. Let's hope they now play a hell of a lot more gigs outside of Finland. They leave the stage with people fighting to the death over towels that they've thrown from the stage.

Negative setlist:

Intro (Pulp Fiction theme)
L.A. Feeding Fire
Frozen To Lose It All
Naive
My My/Hey Hey
In My Heaven
Until You're Mine
The Moment Of Our Love

A quick changeover and we're suddenly onto The Rasmus. The band start with Night Afer Night from the latest album, Hide from the Sun, and singer Lauri bounces on stage in white shirt, 2 ties, black and white stripey wrist warmers (there are already several of these in the audience) and his beanie, complete with crow and seagull feathers. He also appears to have hair extensions of some sort, dangling out from his hat.

A well aimed empty plastic cup bounces off his head, but it's only one of about 4 to hit the stage, and doesn't bother him. Unfortunately he's not so lucky 30 seconds later as he bounces back into the head of Eero's bass guitar as Eero brings it down. Lauri spends the rest of the song rubbing his head and fighting concussion, as well as his cold.

Lauri asks us if we're innocent or guilty and launches into one of the hit singles from Dead Letters, and then moves onto Shot, which will be the next single. The brilliant Immortal sees Lauri dash off for his acoustic guitar, which he keeps for Sail Away. Things quicken up with First Day of My Life and In My Life, and the security guards down the front are rushed off their
feet pulling crushed and fainting girls from the crowd.

The Rasmus, in competition this tour with HIM for the number of bras they get, manage to get about 6 thrown tonight, Lauri catching one well and then
bouncing it off Aki's drums, who flicks it nicely with his drumstick.

They end with the predictable In The Shadows, Lauri shooting himself in the head with both hands for the "I'd rather kill myself" part, and they get the whole hall shouting "Hey.... Hey" in the part where there's usually a pause. A group bow at the end, and Aki throws out his signed drum skin like a frisbee, and it's all over. Considering Lauri's bird flu and concussion,
this was a pretty good performance by The Rasmus.

The Rasmus setlist:

Intro
Night After Night
Lucifer's Angel
Guilty
Shot
Keep Your Heart Broken
Still Standing
Last Generation
Immortal
Sail Away
Funeral Song
First Day Of My Life
In My Life
No Fear
In The Shadows

The Rasmus

HIM took to the stage with 3 giant chandeliers going up behind them and started with Wings of a Butterfly. Ville in suit and t-shirt, beanie and big shades on his head, making him look like a big insect from a distance. Mige
wore a sailors hat. We're not sure it'll catch on...

For once Ville's vocals were crystal clear out in the big hall and we breathed a sigh of relief. So often HIM shows are ruined by poor sound or Ville's vocals. Tonight wasn't one of those. He sang fantastically well, his
voice really soaring in some songs.

They blasted through hit after hit, collecting a few thrown glasses and bras too. Ville wasn't particularly chatty between songs as he sometimes is, and was his usual static self at the mic, which some people find boring. But that's Ville. We're not sure he'd look cool bouncing around the stage. His usual bottle of alcohol was present, as was his chainsmoking, along with dedications to Vampires and the rest of the band and himself.

The set dipped slightly with a the couple of slow numbers, such as Play Dead, but then picked up again and the band had to return to a roaring hall and a well earned encore. Then finishing with such a slow song as Black Sabbath seemed like a real duff idea to us. Leave the place screaming for more Ville, not slitting their wrists, no matter how amazing the song is and how well you did it...it just seems a strange one to end with.

Still one of the best HIM shows we've seen for about 4 years. Why can't every HIM show be this good?

HIM setlist:

Intro
Rip Out The Wings Of A Butterfly
Right Here In My Arms
Soul On Fire
Wicked Game
Under The Rose
Join Me In Death
Behind the Crimson Door
Killing Loneliness
Buried Alive By Love
Razorblade Kiss
Play Dead
Your Sweet Six Six Six
Vampire Heart
The Sacrament
The Funeral Of Hearts

Encore:
Solitary Man
Black Sabbath (Black Sabbath Cover)

Checking out the merchandise we saw that there were no tour shirts with all three bands on. There was hardly any merchandise for NGT or TR either, only a couple of shirts and one poster. But there's HIM merchandise everywhere you look...at extortionate prices. Pretty disappointing really.

All in all a fantastic night out though, and great performances by all three bands. They should all go on tour together more often. Wonder who won the bra competition...?

Fonte: Suomi Rocks

VampireLady
view post Posted on 13/4/2009, 13:19

Wow *__________*
quanto avrei voluto esserci, deve essere stato fantastico!
Ma povero Ville, dice che da lontano sembra un insetto T__T XDXD

lovehim
view post Posted on 28/4/2009, 15:07

XD

Ho trovato altre interviste riguardo a questo tour, eccole qua:

CITAZIONE
YAM-22-02-2006 (Germany)

HIM, The Rasmus and Negative toured together in February in Germany! YAM! (name of the magazine) asked Ville Valo (29), Lauri Ylönen (26) and Jonne Aaron (22) for a three-man-talk…
YAM: How did you get the idea for your three-band-tour?
Ville: We all played in little clubs in Germany. But together we can rock the bigger halls and show our fans something special.

YAM: And how is it going on?
Jonne: Super! For Negative it’s a good chance to reach many people.
Lauri: And there’s a great feeling in the air. When Negative play their awesome show, it goads me on to make it better!
Jonne: Thanks for the compliment- it makes me happy! Especially because I’m very nervous before gigs.

YAM: Do you think you are competitors?
Ville: Yes, but in a good way. If you would release all simultaneous a CD and the CD of HIM wouldn’t be the number one, I would be angry.
Lauri (grins): Therefore we synchronize our releases.

YAM: Do you listen to the albums of your colleagues?
Jonne: If I am at home I listen much to the radio. They play HIM & The Rasmus all the time. It’s ideal for cleaning.
Ville: I think it’s difficult, to listen to music of friends. If you know somebody very good, the magic of the songs dissapears. How should I listen to a song, when I saw the singer crapping?
Lauri: You have what?!
Ville: That was a joke! But if you are sitting sweaty in the backstage-area and talking shit, you hear the songs in other way.

YAM: If you could change something of the other bands…
Lauri: If I would be Ville, in any case I would smoke not so much (to Ville) You’ve got asthma….
Lauri: Yes, and he is dead.
Ville: But not because of his asthma… Really: These three bands are good like they are, you don’t have to change anything.

YAM: How long do you know each other?
Lauri: Ville and me met in 1998 at a gig in the icehall in Mikkelli, Finland. We crossed the way in the fitness-room.
Jonne: I met Ville and Lauri in 2003 at some gigs.
Ville: Lauri and Jonne were totally shy- I had to have a effect like an asshole to them!
Lauri: Well, at the beginning the relation was quite bad, but this changed.
Ville: In the meantime Lauri turned to an asshole (laughs). At Jonne I’m not sure if he’s really shy. But I know it after this tour.

YAM: Do you meet private?
Ville: Sure! It’s pity that Jonne lives in an other town, we don’t see him often. But Lauri and me eat often together, if we are both in Helsinki.
Lauri (shocked): I’ve just remembered that I owe you a dinner!

YAM: You all are womanizer, who of you gets the most feminine attention?
Ville: We three appeal to very different kinds of women. For example the fat Gothic-Chicks love me…
Jonne: Me the hairy men!

YAM: Which characteristics you share?
Ville: We all have a big passion for music. And the biggest difference is, that Lauri and Jonne are very young, but I am an damn old man…

thanks for anyway81

posted by Nakkikone @ http://www.negative.fi/forum/

CITAZIONE
HIM – THE RASMUS – NEGATIVE
About Love and Shadows

Today in the backstage kitchen of the Palladium, there are all kinds of Finnish stuff. For the predictably successful concert-package HIM, The Rasmus and Negative, they put together which long was at home in high charts positions and girl’s fan-hearts. The three Finnish front-beaus Ville Valo, Lauri Ylönen and Jonne Aaron have arrived for the exclusive Sonic Seducer interview in the afternoon, and seem to feel surprisingly uncomfortable in the bright light of the headlights in front of the camera. Not like rockstars at all, Lauri and the fragile-seeming Jonne sip on their water and, as a start, remain silent. Only Ville appears feisty. An impression that is emphasized by the remains of his black eye from the palpability with the neighbours and the police, that has taken place shortly before the tour.
And while the first cigarettes are smoked, we begin to ponder on proposals of marriage, home country and evil drinking games.

Ville: Today is our first free evening, because tomorrow we have a day off. This night is going to be our night of alliance, the night in which we all become blood brothers (as soon as he two others wince) – well, brothers at least. We’re going into a gay-bar and drink Kölsch. Indeed, on a short tour like this lots of things can happen. But for HIM, this journey doesn’t end before October. In order to be able to play continuously professional and to make good shows, we just can’t be wasted every day, nobody endures that. And I wouldn’t recommend playing fucked up, otherwise people want to have their money back.

But that never happened, did it?
Ville (eyebrows raised): Of course something like that happened, even quite often, when we really messed up everything. But partying a little just isn’t worth risking everything. I mean, the reason for touring is that we want to make music - not drinking, doing drugs and hanging around with groupies.

HIM, The Rasmus and Negative – it’s a womanizer-set, something like Gothic-Chippendales.
Ville: Hm, is that so? We’re not womanizers, we want to give something to our fans, not take advantage of them. We want to give them the opportunity to listen to good Rock’n’Roll as well. That’s no womanizing for me.

Well, let’s say heartbreaker-set then…
Ville: That’s a little difference. Well, hopefully we don’t break any hearts, but repair them instead.
Jonne: Right. We want to give hope instead of breaking hearts, that’s boring.
Ville: Most of the Chippendales are gay anyways, we aren’t.

Were there any running gags before the shows, or bets about who’ll get the loudest applause, the most girls?
Ville: No, up to now, we’re simply happy that everything worked out so well. It takes a time for the crew to get all under control, until there’s a certain calmness and routine in the procedure and until one gets used to being on tour again. It’s like bicycling.
Lauri (trying to say something): Everyone wants to be number one, but –
Ville (cutting him off mercilessly): We’re all number one in different categories: The Rasmus make people move, we manage to touch their hearts, especially those of the people with the black lipstick, and Jonne makes everyone shake his balls.
Jonne: We came to seduce the other’s audience to our side.
Ville: Yes, you’re quite good in doing so. Concerning the girls: we don’t like to have girls in our backstage area. there are many reasons for that.
Lauri: It’s always the crew that gets the girls anyways. Until we’re finished, they’re all gone already.

In your lyrics, there are some special words that occur very often: “Love”, “Death”, “Darkness” and “Shadows”… If you dropped these words, what would you be singing about?
Ville (after thinking it over for a long time): About the same things, without using these words.
We have a drinking game about that: You turn on a record of HIM and every time there’s “Love”, “Death” or “Baby” mentioned, you have to drink something.
Ville: We’ve had something similar to that, in former times, when we watched “Conan”. Every time Arnold Schwarzenegger kills an enemy, we drank vodka. :lmfao: :lmfao: I think I never got more than the first ten minutes. Really, it was something like a Conan-club, we always wore kilts and knifes.
Lauri: These are just things and subjects that are fascinating to us, that’s why we write about it.
Jonne (with a sigh): To me, lyrics are like writing a diary. Maybe I’m just that depressive - I often am, like we all are.

What is typical of a Finnish man?
Jonne (as the first one): In a way, all Finnish men have this protective shield around them, something like a shell. It’s hard to break that, but once you made it, there will be something special behind it, something enduring and honest.
Ville (who meanwhile tries to get into the conversation again): They have the worst spikes in the world.
Lauri: …and often problems to show their feeling. I think that’s the reason for drinking so much.

Are Finnish women shyer than German ones?
Ville: No, exactly the opposite, they are very straightforward and harsh, especially in the north: They blow you away – they really rock and actually make me blush! Once I met a couple from this region. We were drinking something when the girl started complaining about his boyfriend. She said she had stripped her clothes off and he had continued to watch football, and even when she sat down in front of the TV, masturbating, he continued drinking his beer. Hey, she told that without even knowing me and it was like the breakthrough of our conversation and I sat there thinking: Aha, yeah, uhm, nice to know…

A romantic moment: You propose marriage to your chosen one – how?
Ville: Honestly spoken, i don’t remember what it was like for me. But romance is everywhere, it’s around us. Even going to the toilet can be romantic, it’s a matter of seeing things. I think it’s not about candles or red roses that’s only the old fashioned view. If you see the world through pink glasses, you’re very close to the truth that I live.
Lauri It think I’d try the old fashioned way. But I never seriously thought about these things. It’s such an important, big decision, that I’ll think through it for a long time. But I’m sure it would be something I’d create as a private, honest moment.
Jonne: Hm, I’d say: a scull-bath. (?! I have NO idea what he’s talking about!) Sir Christus invented that and it’s our version of a romantic evening. You’ll need lots of alcohol for that and usually no girls.

Ville, you once said Finland was a spiritually affected word rather than a politically affected one?
Ville: Neither the one nor the other, actually. That’s one of the reasons for mostly singing about relationships. The political stuff about Finland is very boring, as well as the religious. It’s only pride of the veterans of the winter war connects us, so we’re here to revenge them.
Lauri: I’m proud of Finnish music. And of the Finnish population, how sincere and honest they are. Finns are very upright and don’t make much words. There’s no thing like small-talk in Finland and we speak in short sentences. That makes conversation easier, because then the rubbish is dropped and so there are less misunderstandings.
Jonne: There are many similarities between Germans and Fins, maybe that’s why Finnish music is so popular here.
Ville: The Finnish people still searches its identity and while the older part of the popularity tries to find it in politics and memories of the war, we found music for us. Of course, music is a universal thing, but it’s our aim to bring the special Finnish thing in there, like a special spice.

It’s strange that this development somehow came overnight, suddenly there was this Finnish wave sweeping over…
Ville: Yeah, we had something like a secret pact. All Finnish bands only practised, practised, practised and we all agreed on not releasing records before 2000. That’s what lies behind it, I have to say that it worked out quite well.
Lauri (hoarsely): Strategy! But I don’t think that it’s only because of HIM’s success that there were so many bands that made it outside Finland. Even if the door is opened a little, you still have to be good yourself, strong, emotional and authentic to make it out there. It isn’t enough just to be from Finland.

Ville, what happened in your neighbourhood?
Ville: I can’t talk about it, that’s legally bound. It’s about violence and brutality, from the police’s side as well (note from the writer: So far, Ville said that he had tried to kick his neighbours’ door open, because he had started rumours about Ville and his girlfriend Jonna being addicted to heroin. There was a dispute with the police during which Ville got arrested and got a black eye. Now, Ville wants to have a house of his own)
Lauri: I got arrested when I was younger as well because of some graffiti, but nothing serious.
Jonne: They arrested me when I was 14 or 15 because i pissed against a wall of a church. Apart from that, I once threw a TV out of the window in a hotel. (note from the writer: …which his parents got to know in the newspaper)
Ville: Our guitar player tried that as well, but the window wasn’t broad enough. Then he tried to throw bottles of vodka from the mini bar after some old ladies, but he didn’t succeed either. That was shortly before he blacked out.
Lauri: These TV’s get all the bigger and heavier nowadays, especially these plasma-screens. We’re not some of those strong guys…

originally by: Yvonne Zymolka, Sonic Seducer
translation: ciardha of http://www.negative.fi/forum/

InfernalOffering
view post Posted on 30/4/2009, 11:48

CITAZIONE
Lauri: If I would be Ville, in any case I would smoke not so much (to Ville) You’ve got asthma….

a parte che lauri ha ragione valo u.u *lalli annusice si si *
però sto pezzo mi ha fatto rotolare dal ridere

Bittersweet_Spell
view post Posted on 30/4/2009, 13:19

Uaaa non en sapevo niente di sto tour *___* vidi fto di lor tre insieme ma pensavo fossero occasionali *___*
Bello...
Però onoto uan certa..non so...un po' di astio tra vilel e lauri,o scherzano solo? hihihi
Però ville è sempre stupendo quand srisponde *_____*

St pezzo ès tato grande XD
CITAZIONE
YAM: You all are womanizer, who of you gets the most feminine attention?
Ville: We three appeal to very different kinds of women. For example the fat Gothic-Chicks love me…
Jonne: Me the hairy men!

YAM: Which characteristics you share?
Ville: We all have a big passion for music. And the biggest difference is, that Lauri and Jonne are very young, but I am an damn old man…

lovehim
view post Posted on 30/4/2009, 13:36

Ahahahhahahaah si Enn!
Secondo me Ville vuole più bene a Jonne, che a Lauri U.U
- discorsi da bambina deficiente XD-

Bittersweet_Spell
view post Posted on 30/4/2009, 13:40

Ma anche io penso,si sente da come ne parla.... U.U

VampireLady
view post Posted on 30/4/2009, 13:41

Verissimo, il Valo fa morire dal ridere nelle sue risposteXD sembrano tutti e tre molto affiatati a mio parere, secondo me si stuzzicano (soprattutto Ville e Lauri) molto amorevolmente come due ragazzini!

~•Giu..
view post Posted on 16/7/2009, 10:21

CITAZIONE (VampireLady @ 30/4/2009, 14:41)
secondo me si stuzzicano (soprattutto Ville e Lauri) molto amorevolmente come due ragazzini!

anche secondo me! :yes:

**LuYuRo**©
view post Posted on 16/7/2009, 13:42

l'amore non è bello se non è litigarello giusto? xDDD
apparte gli scherzi... quando due si battibeccano vuol dire che si vogliono bene... =)

;Helena
view post Posted on 9/9/2009, 01:37

CITAZIONE (InfernalOffering @ 30/4/2009, 12:48)
CITAZIONE

a parte che lauri ha ragione valo u.u *lalli annusice si si *
però sto pezzo mi ha fatto rotolare dal ridere

anche a moi :lmfao:

10 replies since 13/4/2009, 12:36   368 views